How to hang non-woven wallpaper
One of the popular types of wall coverings consider non-woven wallpaper. Their advantages are undeniable: they have a presentable appearance, are not afraid of moisture, during cleaning they can be wiped with a damp napkin, easy to glue, they do not stretch and do not deform. This is how these wallpapers deserve a large number of sales and the demand for the owners of apartments and houses.
If you decide to self-glue wallpaper and chose non-woven, our cleaning company shares some tips of experts in this matter:
- Manufacturers of non-woven wallpaper promise an ideal sticking on any surface: wooden, plaster, drywall and even concrete. However, to guarantee a quality result can only level, prepared and cleaned from previous wallpaper surface. Prepare it easily: clean the remains of old wallpaper and apply a thin layer, preferably evenly primer. This liquid solution is sold in any construction shop and promotes the adhesion of the wall surface to the wallpaper. Allow it to dry for 24 hours.
- The next step is to cut the wallpaper. To do this, you need to measure the height of the walls of the room in several places. Add from 5 to 10 centimeters of allowance for possible unevenness and cut off the roll. So cut the rolls, prepare the wallpaper for the whole room.
- Cut the wallpaper is most convenient on the floor. To do this, you need a thorough wet cleaning of the floor, so as not to soil the wallpaper.
- If you want to combine the picture of the wallpaper, then before you trim the desired roll, you need: place it on the floor with the previously cut off, dock the picture, and then just cut it off. When fitting the pattern of wallpaper is spent more.
- Adhesive for non-woven wallpaper is sold in construction shops, diluted with water in accordance with the instructions.
- The prepared glue is applied evenly to the wall, to an area of slightly larger strip of wallpaper.
- Apply wallpaper, aligning them on the top edge. Slowly smooth them to the wall, dispersing excess glue from the middle to the edges with a plastic spatula. Try to kick out all the air bubbles and glue.
- If the remnants of the glue have stained the wallpaper or the ceiling, they should immediately be cleaned with a damp sponge.
- Uneven edges of the wallpaper at the bottom can be hidden under the baseboard or cut with a clerical knife.
- Difficulties can arise when gluing wallpapers in a corner. Our cleaning company recommends making a junction of the canvas in the corner. If he absolutely level situation with the layering of one canvas on another does not arise. If the angle is not even, be prepared to make a bend. To avoid strong wrinkles, you do not need to make a deep bite, not more than 2 centimeters.
The cleaning company offers: cleaning after repair, deep cleaning, cleaning windows.