How to clean fur hat lining
The task of cleaning the lining of a fur hat can be confusing. After all, products made of fur can not be washed, you should not allow them to get wet. Do not dry them near heating appliances. You can use the services of a specialized dry cleaning. But here it is important to take into account that fur does not tolerate the effects of chemical reagents, and it is necessary to resort to such a method in rare cases. What to do in such cases?
The cleaning company collected information and shared it:
- If the contamination on the lining is significant, it is best to wash it, pre-breaking it from the fur. If there are small dirt, then you do not need to pair the lining to remove them. It is necessary to turn the headgear inside out and place it on a three-liter jar turned upside down. Then, with a cotton swab dipped in medical alcohol, remove the dirt. This can also be done with soap foam.
- Such cleaning is not suitable for all contaminants, but it will surely remove traces of sweat and an unpleasant odor. The main thing – do not allow excessive wetting, so as not to damage the fur.
- If such a cleaning is not enough, then the lining can be whipped, washed, and then sewed back. Before separating, it is necessary to mark the control points and the lines of attachment of the lining with the fur part with a colored thread. In this case, sew it back will be easy.
- It is not recommended to use a safety razor blade to separate the blade, as it is possible to cut open the fabric or fur inadvertently. It is better to use special equipment. Or, as a last resort, manicure scissors.
- The lapped liner is washed using suitable detergents. To dry it is necessary far from heating devices. After completely drying, the lining is sewn back in accordance with the control marks.